On 1 October in Ethereum's history...
- Decentralized oracle service Umbrella Network launches on Ethereum in preparation for cross-network transactions between Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain.
- ETH is quietly judging $3019 and $3308, for ₿0.06874.
- Ethereum miners make more money from fees than from block rewards in September.
- wBTC's custodian Bitgo announces it will use a new Proof of Reserve mechanism via Chainlink.
- Virtual Item Marketplace WAX.io creates a bridge to Ethereum, saying the blockchain "is best positioned to become the monetary system for all blockchains."
- Ethereum Layer 2 SKALE launches Phase 2, with $78M staked by 4000 users from 90 countries.
- ETH slips into the night at $353, ₿0.03325.
- Icelandic retailer Nordic Store settles a purchase from IKEA Iceland using Ethereum-based Tradeshift.
- Credit ratings giant Morningstar plans to apply blockchain to the $117 Trillion debt securities industry, utilizing the Ethereum blockchain.
- OpenSea describes how it's resolving the issues with the ENS short-name auctions, with the stolen ENS names all returned successfully and other auctions extended.
- Blockchain scalability platform SKALE Network raises $17.1 million to launch its mainnet, stating: "this could be Ethereum’s “best shot” to beat other smart contract platforms".
- Swarm v0.5 gets released, with content pinning and experimental features push sync, progress tracking, and the SWarm Accounting Protocol.
- User lucash-dev from bug bounty platform HackerOne discovers a critical vulnerability during the testing phase of MakerDAO's Multi-Collateral DAI contract.
- ETH oozes $177 and ₿0.02127.
- /r/ethtrader introduces Community Points & Polls.
- ICOs have almost broken even on funds sold versus funds raised and still have $93 million in unrealized profits, according to BitMEX and TokenAnalyst.
- The Hyperledger Project and the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance agree to collaborate on bringing common standards to the blockchain space.
- /r/rethtrader decides what the Community Points should be called: donuts win in favor of buterins, bags, cuecombers and shards.
- ETH does not gain at $231, or ₿0.03511.
- New DoS attacks are thrown at the Ethereum network.
- uPort, a mobile, self-sovereign identity and key management system built on Ethereum, makes a case for decentralized Identity.
- Chinese electric car manufacturer Wanxiang announces it will drive its $30 Billion smart cities initiative using Ethereum.
- ETH so boring at $13.2, or ₿0.02146.