Losing weight in the library
Your favourite app just lost half of its weight, mainly by better code packaging and dropping dependencies on old libraries. In other words: faster page loads!
Fresh page load: 1,9MB → 0.9MB
Asset data updates (every 5 minutes): 19kB → 3,8kB
The full list of changes:
- Defer the loading of low priority libraries such as markdown,
calendar, video, and activity streams.
- Removed dependency on jQuery.
- Reduced package size of Twitter Bootstrap.
- Updated d3 and only load the d3 stuff we use.
- Fixed blank pages on Firefox due to the use of modern regexes.
- Reduce the re-rendering of price and item charts by up to 4 times.
- Crawler: detect irrelevant tweets earlier and stop following them.