On 1 April in Ethereum's history...
- Vitalik Buterin makes a case in defense of Bitcoin maximalism.
- ETH picks random numbers like $3282, $3449, ₿0.0721 or ₿0.07453.
- EIP-3455 is proposed, that would add opcode SUDO, which unilaterally solves all of Ethereum's user experience issues.
- Decentraland implements MANA token transfers between Ethereum and Polygon, and plans to integrate all its dApps with the sidechain.
- ETH feels like it's back in $1977, with ₿0.03346.
- Coinbase invests $1.1 Million in Uniswap and PoolTogether via its USDC Bootstrap Fund.
- ETH, just because. $136, or ₿0.02053.
- The testnet of Sigma Prime's Eth2 client Lighthouse goes live.
- ConsenSys picks 10 blockchain startups for the second run of its accelerator program: Genomes, Blok-Z, Glimpse, Sensor.link, Lawcoin, Cypherock, Ether.cards, Sooho, Ibisa and LinkDrop.
- Ethereum interface Frame is released in alpha on the mainnet.
- ETH moves toward a brighter tomorrow at $142, or ₿0.03418.
- Vitalik Buterin proposes to hard cap the total Ether supply at ~120 million, "in order to ensure the economic sustainability of the platform and in light of the fact that issuing new coins to PoW miners is no longer an effective way of promoting an egalitarian coin distribution".
- ETH pilots an A$380 for ₿0.05733 to ₿0.05573.
- Onecoin is added on Coinmarketcap.
- EtherQuake hits GitHub; an implementation of Quake 3 rendering engine on the Ethereum blockchain. "Running this contract might cost slightly more than the average contract."
- Ethereum will transition to Proof of Authority, with "an additional 10% of the block reward directed to our shareholders at AXA and the Bilderberg group".
- Ethereum goes places at $51, or ₿0.04698.
- Alex Van de Sande releases the Unicorn Meat Grinder smart contract, for "all the evil Etherians to be able to hack your own unicorns into tiny little pieces".
- ETH finds peace from $11.4 to $11.7, at ₿0.02794.