On 12 August in Ethereum's history...
- Crowdfunding platform DAO Maker loses $7M via a hack exploiting a smart contract with admin privileges.
- Over $100 million in ETH gets burned in the first week of EIP1559 being live.
- JPMorgan is set to invest $20 Million in Consensys via convertible debt.
- Golem adopts Matter Labs' Layer 2 zkSync.
- Consensys develops a "solid and formally verified kernel" of the Eth2.0 Spec.
- Latest DeFi kid on the block Yam Finance finds a bug in its rebasing contract.
- ETH rises (as do gas fees) from $379 to $391, at ₿0.03375.
- According to Electric Capital’s second Developer Report, crypto code commits stay near their all-time high, with Ethereum continuing to have the largest contributor base.
- MakerDAO explains the emergency shutdown in multi-collateral Dai.
- ETH glides through the hills of $211 and ₿0.01856.
- Developers developers developers developers. $319, ₿0.05052.
- ETH being sand dollars at $311, from ₿0.08449 to ₿0.08015.
- /u/jbaylina posts a follow up statement on the ETC salvaged from attackDAOs.
- Parity 1.3.0 is here with full sync under 5 minutes, using blockchain snapshotting.
- ETH syncs at $11.8 and ₿0.02004.